Special News - Hill Fighter 2020 will be cancelled
In view of the third wave COVID-19 situation is still uncontrolled and the regulation about prohibition of social gathering is valid until the end of this year, the organizer decides to cancel Hill Fighter 2020 on 12 September, 3 October and 24 October in consideration of the safety of runners, volunteers and staff. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Event cancellation arrangement:
- Registered participants will receive a full refund of the enrolment fees (not applicable for participants who registered with free quotas)
We would like to thank all partners for their effort, as well as the immense support from interested participants for this event.
An email about details of the refund arrangement was sent to all participants, please check your email inbox. Due to the current COVID-19 situation, our colleagues take turns to work from home and we may not be able to pick up your call immediately. Please send an email to email@example.com and we will reply to your enquiries as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Once again, thank you for your support for Hill Fighter 2020.
12 May 2020 The details of camping are updated, please refer to "Hill Fighter Camping" in this page
2 June 2020 - The gpx of each route can be downloaded, please refer to "Route Map" in this page.
(Updated on 2 June 2020)
Remark: Route may be slightly adjusted before the event, please stay tuned with us.
Round 1: Master of Endurance
45km (Ascent 1394m) : Sham Tseng BBQ Site > nearby Tin Fu Tsai Campsite > Twisk Camp Site > Ho Pui Reservoir > Kat Hing Bridge > Tai Tong Tree Walk > Sham Tseng BBQ Site
19km (Ascent 718m) : Sham Tseng BBQ Site > nearby Tin Fu Tsai Campsite > Ho Pui Reservoir > Kat Hing Bridge > Sham Tseng BBQ Site
Round 2: Master of Ascent
56km (Ascent 2918m) : Shing Mun Main Dam > Lead Mine Pass > Tai Mo Shan Road Top Car Park > Shing Mun Main Dam > Needle Hill > Grass Hill > Ng Tung Chai > Tai Mo Shan Road Top Car Park > Shing Mun Main Dam
24km (Ascent 1084m) : Shing Mun Main Dam > Lead Mine Pass > Tai Mo Shan Road Top Car Park > Shing Mun Main Dam
The Ultimate Battle: Master of Skill
45km (Ascent 2032m) : Ma Cho Lung Campsite > Tsiu Keng > Kau Lung Hang Village > Hok Tau Reservoir > Ping Che > Ma Cho Lung Campsite
21km (Ascent 780m) : Hok Tau BBQ site no. 6 > Hok Tau Reservoir > Ping Che > Ma Cho Lung Campsite
2. Ultimate Cash Bonus (only applicable to long distance challenge)
Points will be given to challengers ranking 1 - 100 in each long distance challenge. Challengers with cumulative points ranking 1-6 in each category (Men Individual, Women Individual and Team of 2-4*) after the three long distance challenge will be given the ultimate cash bonus. (Only applicable to long distance challenge; not applicable to short distance challenge)
^Team result will be based on the time of the last finisher of the team.
*Points Deduction - Challengers who break the rules will get points deduction from their scores. There will be no upper limit for points deduction.
** Violation of rules:
- Challengers have to be equipped with mandatory gear including whistle, energy food, torch or head lamp and mobile phone. If challengers cannot present each required gear, 5 points will be deducted.
- For Men Individual & Women Individual
- If a challenger fails to present a whistle and a mobile phone in any one round, 10 points will be deducted.
- If a challenger fails to present a whistle in round 1 and unable to present a whistle and a mobile phone in round 2, 15 points will be deducted.
- For Team of 2-4
- If one member fails to present a whistle in any one round, 5 points will be deducted; if all four members fail to present whistles in any one round, 20 points will be deducted.
- If two members fail to present whistles in round 1 and three members fail to present whistles and mobile phones in round 2, 40 points will be deducted.
- For Men Individual & Women Individual
- If challengers compete along unspecified or non-official routes, 50 points will be deducted for each round.
- If challengers violate traffic regulations or improperly use crossing facilities, 10 points will be deducted for each round.
- If challengers maliciously disturb other participants during the race, 10 points will be deducted for each round.
- If challengers litter during the race, 10 points will be deducted for each round.
- If challengers cannot complete the race within the specified time limit, no points will be given.
- If challengers use transportation during the race, participants will be disqualified.
Challengers’ mandatory gear:
2. Energy food (not less than 300kcal)
3. Head Lamp or Torch (illuminated function from mobile phones is not accepted)
4. Mobile phone (with enough power to complete the event)
Each challenger will be given a runner pack, including the following items:
2. Chip band
3. Finisher Medal (upon completion of event within time limit)
*Details of runner pack distribution will be announced later*
Hill Fighter Camping
Date: 24-25 October, 2020 (Saturday - Sunday)
Time: Afternoon (24 Oct) to 11:30am (25 Oct)
Venue: Sheung Shui Tung Wah Group of Hospital, Ma Tso Lung Campsite
Facility: Public Toilet & Shower Cubicle (Cold Water)
- Camping & Star Gazing Experience
- Tent Set Up Experience
- Outdoor Cooking Experience
- Tea Ingredients
- Dinner Ingredients
- Breakfast Ingredients
Please feel free to invite your family and friends to join this camping event!
Participants have to be aged 10 or above as of event day; participants have to be accompanied by adults if aged below 16.
Organiser reserves the rights to cancel the camping event or specific workshop due to insufficient enrolment. If the camping event is cancelled due to insufficient enrolment, all related fees will be fully refunded to participants.
How to get there
For the sake of environmental protection, the organizer highly encourages participants to take public transportation to the venue.
Round 1: Master of Endurance
Start Point: Sham Tseng BBQ site
Take public transport to Tsing Lung Tau Village or Hong Kong Garden and walk 15 mins to the venue.
1. Mini bus:
96/96M from Tsuen Wan MTR Station
52x Tuen Mun to Mongkok
53 Yuen Long to Tsuen Wan
962B Tuen Mun to Wan Chai
Round 2: Master of Ascent
Start Point: Shing Mun Main Dam
Take public transport to Pineapple Dam and walk 20 mins to the venue.
82 from Tsuen Wan
Ultimate Battle: Master of Skill (45km)
Start Point: Tung Wah Group of Hospital, Ma Tso Long Campsite
Take public transport to Ho Sheung Heung and walk 15 mins to the venue.
76k from Long Ping to Ching Ho EstateorHo Sheung Heung Villageand walk 10 mins to the venue.
2. Mini bus:
51k from Sheung Shui Station to Lo Wu Correctional Institution
Ultimate Battle: King of Skill (21km)
Start Point: Hok Tau BBQ Site No. 6
Take 52B minibus to Hok Tau BBQ site no. 6 at Fanling MTR Station Exit C
- All participants must start no later than 15 minutes after the official start time for your category.
- Finisher souvenir will be presented to runners who finish the running event within the time limit.
- Participants aged below 18 (as of the event day) are required to obtain parental or guardian consent in the "Parent/Guardian Declaration" during online registration before participating in the event.
- All submitted enrolment cannot be cancelled , transferred or refunded.
- Disputes or appeals regarding the results must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the first coming Wednesday after the event by 6:00pm. Applications for the final round must be submitted directly to the organizer before 12:00 midnight on the event day. The Organizer reserves the right not to entertain any disputes or appeals submitted after the said date and time.
Event cancellation arrangement
One month before the event
In case of event cancellation one month prior to the event date due to force majeure event, 50% of the paid amount to the race will be refunded, 75% of the paid amount to the camping activities will be refunded.
1. Safety issues of participants and crew are our primary concern. The event will be cancelled if the Hong Kong Observatory issues tropical cyclone signal No. 8 or above or black rainstorm warning 24 hours before the event starts. Please pay attention to the instant announcement on the event pages http://runourcity.com.hk/hill-fighter/ and https://www.facebook.com/runourcityhongkong/ .
2. If the weather is getting worse or the observatory issues the above warning signal during the competition, the Organizer has the right to change the schedule or cancel the competition. Please pay attention to the instructions of the staff on site. All registration fees and donations are non-refundable.
3. The Organizer/Event Producer reserves the right to cancel or cut short the Event for the following reasons. Registration fee and charitable donation (if applicable) will not be refunded.
a) adverse weather conditions;
b) landslides, rock falls or hill fires along the course;
c) protests or blockage along the course;
d) Force majeure i.e. due to occurrence of incidents that are beyond the control of the organizers and which renders it impossible, unsafe or impractical to hold the event. A force majeure event shall include, but is not limited to, act of God, war, hostilities, invasion, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, riot, commotion, strikes, go-slows, lock outs or disorder, outbreak of disease, acts or threats of terrorism
For more details of Terms and Conditions,please click here..